Deviating from the usual hotel reviews, we recently stayed at KL Tower Serviced Residences for a unique accommodation experience.
We always look forward going on a vacation, whether local or abroad, but not everyone has the luxury of time or budget. In the recent years, the concept of “stay-at-home” vacation, commonly referred to as “staycation”, has become popular especially during special occasions.
In the heart of Makati City, we discovered a value-for-money alternative for your next weekend getaway.
KL Tower Serviced Residences, owned by the Kalaw-Ledesma clan, is located in Legazpi Village. It is a popular choice among business travelers, whose occupancy can range for one night to months at a time. They also have a growing number of clients, families and group of friends, who wants some quality time away from the daily grind.
Without meaning to, me and Jam scheduled our stay at KL Tower Serviced Residences a few days after I went back from my solo travel up north. The past few months have been stressful for us both and we only see each other once in a while. I’m so glad she was free to join me!
Our reservation was confirmed via email so check-in was a breeze. We scheduled it on a Sunday, July 25. I just presented one (1) valid ID at the front desk before handing me our access card.
We stayed in a one-bedroom loft with a view of the Legazpi village.
Our weekend staycation starts on a sweet note ? A photo posted by Dems (@demsangeles) on
The modern interior design are characterized by clean architectural lines, open space, high ceiling and large windows. They integrated the owner’s signature style – a pop of orange and mosaic pattern. In fact, they have it hand painted on the trash bin, tissue box, toiletry/utensils holder, and bed linen.
The room is fully-furnished, complete with kitchen, dining area, living room and a working desk. There’s an en suite bathroom in the bedroom and another toilet downstairs that comes with fresh towels and a set of toiletries. The kitchen comes with a stove, microwave oven, coffee maker, and fridge. Cookware and tableware are also provided. The counter is stocked with complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water as well as a mini-bar.
It felt like I was stepping into my own place <3
A photo posted by GeekyKitch (@geekykitch) on
Since it was a serviced residence, they do not have an in-house restaurant. But they have a collaboration with Kitchen 1B, located on the ground floor, and we were given breakfast stubs. This will be featured separately on GeekyKitch soon ?
Exploring the rest of KL Tower Serviced Residences
According to Ms. Kathy Prodigalidad, Sales and Marketing Manager of KL Tower Serviced Residences, they currently have a total of 90 units and are acquiring more through Hospitality Innovators Inc. (HI!). It is a property management company that handles concept hotels, serviced residences, residential condominiums and condormitels. Unit owners who sign up for Hi! earn from the partnership (much like AirBNB) and the units are renovated for brand consistency. Hi! currently has 12 properties around the Philippines (including Azumi Boutique Hotel in Alabang and The Henry Hotel in Cebu), with an additional two on the works (one in Palawan!).
We had the chance to tour around the property and check out other rooms: Studio Deluxe, Studio Premier, One Bedroom Deluxe, One Bedroom Premier and a Two Bedroom Suite. Here’s another One-Bedroom Loft setup with the city view:
25 sqm Studio Deluxe room
40 sqm Studio Premier
45 sqm One Bedroom Deluxe
75 sqm One Bedroom Premier
Two Bedroom Suite
KL Tower Serviced Residences Facilities
The 7th floor of the building is where the amenities are hosted for both guests and tenants. Take a dip in their inviting indoor pool or sweat it out in the sauna room/fitness center. Shower rooms are available for your convenience. Let children play at the “Jungle Gym”-themed play area, situated next to the pool area. Book their function rooms for your events or meetings, complete with projector and sound system.
They also have a private art gallery called The Biggest Little Room, which showcases the extensive collection of the Kalaw-Ledesma clan. Unfortunately we weren’t able to visit it ?
What I love about KL Tower Serviced Residences (and why you should book your next staycation here)
- We never worried about noise from neighboring units on our floor nor the neighborhood itself.
- We are coffee lovers so we are delighted and appreciate the complimentary brewed coffee <3
- Major malls are pretty accessible in case you need to shop for groceries or want to dine out. We walked going to Glorietta to have dinner at Kenny Rogers and roamed around Greenbelt before heading back. There’s also a 7-11 store nearby for quick purchases.
- There’s the option of having lunch at the Legazpi Sunday Market. Little Tokyo is also a few blocks away!
- On that note, the fully-equipped kitchen made me wish we cooked a meal or two.
- Legazpi Active Park and Washington Sycip Park are just across the street – perfect for morning / late afternoon walks.
- Though we didn’t get to maximize the facilities, it’s good to know that we have unlimited access with no additional charge.
- Water pressure was strong despite being on the 35th floor.
- Each room has its own WiFi router, so signal was strong wherever you are inside the unit.
- Staff are very friendly and accommodating, giving us a five-star rating service.
- Staying in a serviced residence is cheaper than a hotel room but with the same, if not better, experience.
Overall, we had a truly relaxing stay at KL Tower Serviced Residences! It was nice to chill, catch up over tea, bond over random TV shows and sleep comfortably. It was sad that we had to go the next day but I can’t wait to go back with my loved ones ?
KL Tower Serviced Residences
117 Gamboa St. Legazpi Village, Makati City
www.kltower.ph | email@example.com
Landline: +632 845 0084